Thursday, April 4, 2013
Bravery to me
Bravery to me means, well it is hard to say what it actually is. It definitely not just killing or hotheaded actions, it is by dictionary " brave spirit or conduct; courage; valor" (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bravery). which is really the only thing i can say, you either have it or you don't. Not every action is brave that seems it, and inversely not every action that seems cowardly is. Courage is still pretty hard for me to say it but bravery is similar to it , by definition courage is "the power or quality of dealing with or facing danger, fear, pain, etc." (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/courage). I know what both of these mean but they are hard for me to say, and again you either have it or you don't. By far the most brave/courageous person in the book To Kill a Mockingbird is Atticus. He is defending a case that he knows he is going to lose, he is doing it because he knows it is the right thing to do, in a racist town in the south. Personally I don't admire anyone because they are courageous. I don't feel I know anyone who is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment